Sunday 1 December 2013

Hey Tonight

I find music to be a wonderful outlet and depending on my mood can really lift me out of a hole - rocky music such as Creedence Clearwater really boosts my mood.

I love the song Hey Tonight  and love nothing better than any excuse to get into the car, crank up the stereo and drive. In fact, I find excuses to go out driving just so I can play music.

A favourite pastime for me is to travel to the coast, a two hour drive away. This journey has multiple benefits because I:

    love getting behind the wheel
    get to indulge in one of my favourite activities (escapism on the open road while listening to music)
    swim in the ocean
    see my 90 year old Dad!!
    release my wild inner child.

 Music is a wonderful and therapeutic activity to help heal emotional injuries and can take you to a very calm and soothing place.

Mind you it is important to select and listen to the right music depending on your mood. So, perhaps I wouldn't listen to really emotionally sad music, if I was feeling overwhelmed like some of Jim Croce's tunes, such as 'Time in a Bottle' - a beautiful song but very hauntingly sad. For those of you who don't know, Jim Croce was well-known between 1966 and 1973.

 As it turned out, he was tragically killed,1973 in a twin engine Beechcraft E18S aircraft which crashed while taking off. The plane hit a tree and the pilot was suffering from cardiac arrest and reduced visibility due to fog so had difficulty seeing the lone tree at the end of the runway:(

Jim Croce left a wonderful legacy in his music, which thankfully I was introduced to by my sister when I was a teenager in the late 70s. He gained a lot of popularity after his death, although I never hear his music played on Classic Hits Music Mixes on commercial radio stations these days.

Thanks Jim.

Here is the song Hey Tonight, via the below YouTube video sung by the lead singer of Creedence Clearwater - John Fogerty. I think contemporary songwriters are modern day poets who have the advantage of putting their poetry to music in this pop culture era.

I am completely and utterly an appreciator of music and not a musician, although I would have loved to have learnt a musical instrument in my childhood, like the guitar or played the piano.

I'm not too worried now as I am having a lot of fun just keeping up and enjoying all the latest music - it seems nearly every few weeks there is a new song on the airwaves to appreciate and enjoy.

Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment